When it comes to coffee beans, one of the main questions or inquiries we get is regarding the main differences between Arabica and Robusta beans. Everyone has their preferences when it comes to their cup of coffee but here, we'll be listing down the top 10 differences between the two varieties of beans.
- Robusta has more caffeine than Arabica beans. The former has 2.7% as compared to 1.5% in the latter.
- Because of the higher caffeine content, Robusta beans taste stronger and in some cases, has been expressed as having a mild burnt rubber taste. This is because caffeine carries a stronger taste. The higher the concentration, the stronger the taste.
- Robusta is a much hardier crop compared to Arabica beans - Because of the additional caffeine content, it is actually toxic to bugs and is more resistant.
- Arabica beans are oval in shape whereas Robusta beans are more circular.
- Arabica trees are 30-50% shorter than Robusta trees.
- Despite all the hype, most of the espresso you drink is seldom single origin and is a mix of Robusta and Arabica. Almighty Coffee is one of the few brands that serves pure single origin Arabica espresso. Try one of our Single Origin Arabica Coffee Beans here.
- Robusta is half the price of Arabica beans. From a business perspective, sometimes companies mix Robusta into their blends to increase profits. Here at Almighty Coffee, we take pride in quality assurance and competitive pricing. Our house blends contain a high level of Arabica beans and a smaller amount of Robusta to improve the crema. Try our House Blend here.
- Arabica contains more lipids and sugar than Robusta beans.
- 75% of the world's production is Arabica and the remaining is Robusta. Vietnam produces most of the world's Robusta while Brazil produces most of the former. Indonesia, where our Almighty Foods HQ is currently located, is ranked in the top 10 of the world's Arabica production countries.
- Robusta is more acidic compared to Arabica.
At Almighty Coffee, we do not compromise on our quality of beans or blends and feature a higher concentration of Arabica beans to ensure that smooth taste. Our farms are highly controlled and because we control the entire supply chain from farm to table, we are able to produce a consistently high quality of coffee in our stores as well as our products.
Enter our refer-a-friend contest and stand a chance to win a free bag of Knights' Brew! Our Knights' Brew is our best selling 3-in-1 instant coffee. Simply add 2 scoops of coffee to 150ml of water and you have a piping hot cup of coffee ready to go! The more friends you refer, the more chances you get! Hurry and start referring now!
We are Almighty.