Many of us who enjoy a good cuppa also have to live with the hustle and bustle of the world. This limits our time to instant coffees and 3-in-1s for our caffeine fix.
Today, we are bringing you one of the faster methods of brewing our Arabica beans from home. Instead of 8 steps, we will be bringing it down to just 5 for the busiest of days when you cannot find the time to squeeze out a good cup of Pour Over. Without further ado, let’s dive into the second method of brewing coffee from home:
The Drip Coffee (Best with our House Blends or Single Origin Arabica Beans)
- Boiling Hot Water
- Ground Coffee Beans (Try our House Blend or Single Origin Beans)
- Coffee Filter
- Drip Coffee Maker Machine
- Grind the beans. You should aim to achieve a texture close to table salt. If you’re using coffee grounds instead you can skip this step.
- Rinse the coffee paper filter with lukewarm water to remove any paper or fine dust.
- Place the coffee filter onto the brew-through lid of the carafe and the coffee grounds into the coffee filter.
- Pour clean water into the reservoir of the machine. Turn on the machine.
- Turn off the machine once it’s done brewing (the bubbling of the coffee grounds will stop) to prevent having a burnt taste in your coffee.
And there you have it. Depending on the size of your carafe, how much water and coffee grounds are inserted, you can have up to 1 litre of freshly brewed coffee or even more!
Some tips to keep in mind are:
- When brewing a full pot (1 litre of coffee), try to measure out and insert about 60g of grounded coffee.
- Keep your equipment clean. Flush out your drip coffee machine by running the machine with water and a few drops of vinegar to remove any built-up residue from the brewing process.
- You can stir the coffee grounds with a small teaspoon once it is about half filled with water while the machine is dripping the water to ensure that the grounds are thoroughly used.
We hope that you enjoy this article and it better helps you to achieve a great cup of coffee from home. If you’re enjoying our content, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
In the next article, we’ll be sharing yet another famous and great way to brew coffee from home. Stay tuned!
Enter our refer-a-friend contest and stand a chance to win a free bag of Knights' Brew! Our Knights' Brew is our best selling 3-in-1 instant coffee. Simply add 2 scoops of coffee to 150ml of water and you have a piping hot cup of coffee ready to go! The more friends you refer, the more chances you get! Hurry and start referring now!
We are almighty.